You can choose individual implants replacing each tooth, implant-supported bridges for multiple teeth and implant-supported overdentures for an entire arch.
A dental implant is an artificial tooth root made of titanium. It is placed in the jawbone and a crown, dental bridge or a denture made of acrylic or ceramic is attached. With this artificial root the options for your restoration expands dramatically. You can choose individual implants replacing each tooth, implant-supported bridges for multiple teeth and implant-supported overdentures for an entire arch.
Traditional dentures can be inconvenient, uncomfortable, and unstable. Dental implants are an excellent choice for single tooth replacements but when it comes to multiple teeth, they can be expensive and complicated. Combining the two different technologies yields an affordable solution for you and one that delivers stability, security, and a longer life expectancy.
At Implant Dentistry and Periodontics, we offer a wide assortment of periodontal and dental implant services which certainly include a variety of dental implant options. Our compassionate and caring team concentrates on a team goal of providing to you the absolute best quality for your healthy smile. We will work together in a peaceful, relaxed environment, and are dedicated to engaging your dental care as an especially important partner on your health team. If you would like to have an evaluation about the benefits of full mouth dental implants, call our Indianapolis office at 317-574-0600 or our Fishers office at 317-842-2273 to schedule your appointment today.
The Benefits of Full Mouth Dental Implants
An entire arch of dental implants is quite expensive and time consuming. Full mouth dental implants offer numerous benefits and advantages.
- Comfort- Full dental implants will provide to you a more comfortable solution for missing teeth. They feature a removable overdenture that sits atop a metal frame that snaps onto the dental implant. It is convenient for cleaning or replacing, especially if most or all your teeth have been removed and require a restorative replacement. The implant system fits better and feels more comfortable, and thus provides the self-esteem needed for your comfortable natural smile. Traditional dentures do not fit well over time and can become quite uncomfortable. When this happens, it can result in ulcers or an overgrowth of tissue, making it difficult and hard for you to speak, eat, enjoy favorite foods, and get proper nutrition.
- Stability- Your dental implants are attached directly to your jawbone. As your jaw moves, so do your implants. That is stability. Dentures, on the other hand, most often use adhesive to fit securely and can come easily become loose. But because the implants are securely attached to the jawbone, they are strong, stable, and secure. With your restorative appliance attached to those implants in also delivers that stability. Which makes it a great long-term solution for missing teeth, damaged, or diseased teeth.
- Better Bones- Dental implants are in a class all their own when it comes to bone and dental health. According to the American Academy of Periodontology, dentures will cause jawbone atrophy and your facial structure to collapse and a recessed jaw. The dental implants’ integration into the jawbone preserves not only the health of your jawbone but also the overall aesthetics of your face and smile.
- Easier Maintenance- Full mouth implants are quite durable, but not indestructible. The time and cost required was significant, so continued maintenance and overall good oral hygiene are extremely important. With proper brushing, water flossing, regular dental exams, and communicating any concerns you have with Implant Dentistry and Periodontics, your implants can last a lifetime.
- Convenience: Replacement teeth can usually be placed during the same appointment as the implants.
- Cost: Because this treatment usually requires only four implants per arch, it is much more affordable than placing an entire row of implants.
At Implant Dentistry and Periodontics, we offer a wide range of periodontal and dental implant services. Our caring and compassionate team has one collective priority and that is your smile.
Contact Our Team Today
The Full Mouth Dental Implant Process
The process begins with an extensive evaluation by the team at Implant Dentistry and Periodontics. We will review your medical history and the current condition of any remaining natural teeth and your gums. We will also capture images of your jawbone, either upper or lower, to determine the density of the jaw structure. Either we can pinpoint precise locations for the implants, or we must consider bone grafting prior to implant placement. Once the perfect positions are identified the process begins with us administering a local anesthetic to numb the soft tissue involved. Once the gum is numb, we will create a small incision and then surgically place the titanium post directly into your jawbone. We then suture the site closed.
It will take several months for the implant to fuse or grow to the jawbone. During this time if necessary, we will fit you with a temporary appliance, whether it be a denture or a bridge. Once this healing is completed, we surgically open the soft tissue again to add an extension or an abutment to the implant and then again, the tissue is closed around this abutment. With a week or two of healing you are finally ready for your final restoration. If it is ball attachments on each post, or a bar attachment connecting the implants, either way they will work with a final appliance fabricated at a dental lab. The appliance will snap on to the posts or bar and you have a secure and stable restoration leaving Implant Dentistry and Periodontics with a huge smile.
Earning your Trust with High Quality Periodontal Care
When you visit the conscientious team at Implant Dentistry and Periodontics, you will be engaged with a very professional and friendly staff that has the most advanced dental technology at our disposal. We are considerate and thoughtful because we realize how different and unique each patient really is. We will design personalized treatment plans for you that work within your budget and desires. Our team is focused on adding value back into your special personal asset, your smile, so every one of our dental services are performed with your best interests and oral health in mind.
At Implant Dentistry and Periodontics, we wish for you to always feel relaxed, comfortable, and restful in our clinic, and to always feel confident in both our abilities and our services. Scheduling an appointment for a potential full mouth dental implant is an important step towards being proactive in your oral health and regaining your healthy smile. To schedule an appointment, call our Indianapolis office, 8801 North Meridian St., Ste 103, Indianapolis, at 317-574-0600 or our Fishers office, 9885 E. 116th St, Ste 300, Fishers, at 317-842-2273.